LEVERAGING DATA FOR INFORMED DECISIONS
Sales; it’s what every e-commerce company is judged by, and as a person in charge of the email program, there is much pressure put on you to perform. The goal is clear, but sometimes there is no silver bullet on how to achieve it. You might be a master marketer, skilled in the ways copywriting, segmentation, and the best day and time to send emails, or you could be like most of us and learn through testing and data.
Most ESP’s today track conversions by item, tie it back to an email address and package it up into a predefined set of reports for you to digest. However, there is always one missing report that you wish you had because it is valuable to your organization. This report likely is created from multiple sources of data and often involves complex automation across these sources, leading you to combine them into either an excel file or some other BI solution to visualize it.
“Easy and efficient right,” -said no one ever.
EMPOWERING THE DATA-DRIVEN MARKETER.
As a customer who uses iPost, we are continually collecting raw tracking data, including conversions. From there, we then derive the reports that you see in the platform that has been carefully crafted from what data-driven marketers need to achieve their goals. However, the issue is that every marketer, every company, and every campaign is unique, and the pre-defined reports available to you might not be what you need or want.
Marketers today want a scalable and flexible solution to their needs, not the vendor’s needs; in our latest release, we have decided to expose ALL of the raw data for you to use. Our SQL Editor will let you, the marketer, query the entire database of tracking information precisely how we received it. No aggregation or editing was made. You now have complete control over the data you own, and here are a couple of examples of what we mean:
● Look at the raw, non-aggregated data: the level of detail is the single event happening with your emails.
● Create your formulas: if, for example, you compute click-to-open rate differently, now you can easily derive that, together with any other complex calculation.
● Create the reports and filters you need: browse just the metrics you use for the time period you need.
● Besides Orders and Order Items, you now have access to the full web tracking data:
● Funnels (from your Abandoned Cart automations, for example)
● Custom Conversions(e.g. a video)
● Page Tracking data (who navigated to my website starting from an email? Which pages did they visit? Which link did they click on?)
● Soon to be released: the ability to use this data outside of queries (in Dynamic Lists, Dynamic Tables, Automation Engagement Splits, and more)
iPost is committed to innovation, especially when it comes to giving you our customer control over data and using it as it was meant to be used. We are excited about this recent release, and we welcome your feedback and suggestions for the future.