Effective Date 5/25/18
At iPost, we are strongly committed to protecting your privacy and are dedicated to maintaining best practices in data protection. We meet and exceed the newly enacted General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) standards that protects European Union individual’s personal data. We are also in the process of becoming compliant with both the EU-U.S. & Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
Personal Information and How it is Collected and Used
Personal information is information that can identify you as a specific individual, such as name, phone number, and email address. It may also include other information such as demographic information, IP address or cookies.
Personal information is collected through your interaction with our website or the iPost Platform. iPost may also interact with your personal information on behalf of our Clients whom you have provided your information to.
A few examples of data we are collecting are: If you request a demo, you may be asked for your contact information; If you are a user of our Platform you will be asked to create an account with a username and password as well as other identifying information; If you apply for a job with iPost you may be asked to provide detailed personal information for the purposes of hiring. Some information is collected automatically when you visit our website or use our Platform such as IP address and information about your site activity. If you receive a communication from the iPost platform we may track that you opened or clicked on a link in the communication and register the associated data such as date/time, browser, computer platform, email client, and IP address.
iPost may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide product services and/or requested information on iPost’s services
- To send marketing communications on behalf of iPost or our clients
- To communicate with you about questions, concerns and inquires
- For internal purposes to monitor performance of our platform and improve our products and services.
iPost as a Data Processor
iPost is a “Data Processor”, (as defined by GDPR – an entity processing personal information on behalf of a “Data Controller” – an entity determining how and why personal information is used) we may be provided with your personal information that has been collected by our clients (Controllers) who are other businesses or organizations, for the purposes of contacting you. Their collection of your information is governed by their privacy policies and may differ from ours.
We may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer our service, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Tracking pixels (also known as “web bugs”) are small, typically transparent images on a web page that have special names which permit the loading of the web page to be tracked by a web server. iPost does not use tracking pixels on our website. We do use tracking pixels in HTML email we send to detect when the email is opened. Some of our clients may use tracking pixels on forms that we host on our web servers, and some of those tracking pixels may be linked to tracking services hosted by third parties. Please see our clients’ and the third parties’ privacy policies for information about such tracking pixels.
iPost may partner with another party to provide specific services for a client. When the user signs up for these services, we may share names and other contact information that is necessary for the third-party to provide these services. Contractually, these parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services. Any such partnership activity will also comply with this privacy statement.
This website contains links to other websites including social media features, such as links to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages. Please be aware that iPost is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and they may differ from ours. We encourage our users to be aware of when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information. The iPost platform may track links that occur in communications such as email, SMS, and push notifications. This data is used on the iPost Platform to report on the activities and are used for segmentation of contacts.
Your Right to Access Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information that iPost has collected through the website and/or Platform by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also request that we delete, unsubscribe or make corrections to your personal information by sending an email to the above address. Please include first name, last name, and email address and/or mobile devise number. We will comply with your request as quickly as commercially possible but not longer than 30 days. We may need to retain some of your information to fulfill legal obligations.
iPost as a Data Processor sometimes has limited ability to access data our clients submit to our Platform. If you wish to limit or delete the use of your data, please provide the name of the iPost client who submitted your data to our service (e.g. the sender of an email) in addition to the above identifying information. We will then contact that client and assist them in responding to the request.
We do not sell, trade or give away your personal information to anyone. iPost will only share your personal information with third parties:
- With your consent.
- To fulfill a legal obligation when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required or permitted under law. For example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities or to resolve consumer disputes.
We protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. iPost follows industry standards in protecting your personal data and data entrusted to us by our clients. If there is a data breach of your personal information, we will notify you within 72 hours of first becoming aware of the breach.
Privacy Shield Information and Requirements
- iPost will comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information transferred from the EU and Switzerland and the United States. iPost is committed to upholding and complying with the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Principles (and view our certification) please visit http://www.privacyshield.gov/
- Through participation in the Privacy Shield Framework with respect to personal data received or transferred iPost is agreeing to be subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
- iPost is committed to resolving inquiries or complaints about our use or collection of your information. EU and Swiss individuals, with inquiries or complaints please contact the iPost Privacy Team at email@example.com. We will respond to your inquiry within 45 days.
- If your complaint or inquiry is not addressed satisfactorily, please contact free of charge our U.S. based third-party dispute resolution provider at https://thedma.org/resources/consumer-resources/privacyshield-consumers/
- If neither iPost or the third-party dispute resolution program can resolve your complaint then you may pursue binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Panel as described in Privacy Shield Agreement, Annex I.
- An annual self-assessment is conducted to review compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles.
You may also contact us via mail at: 63 Bovet Rd. Ste.#224, San Mateo, CA 94402