As an email marketer, you need to pay close attention when sending a welcome email. Remember, the welcome series is the first email content your email subscribers will have with your business. Making sure that interaction is relevant and meaningful is critical to the lifetime value of that subscriber.
Pro Tip: To make sure your welcome email is effective, ask yourself:
- Does the first email come right away?
- Does it say thank you for subscribing?
- Does it use the subscriber’s first name?
- Does it look nice?
- Does it render properly across browsers and/or mobile devices?
- Do you believe the message builds trust?
- Does it make your new subscriber feel good about your organization and validate their decision to subscribe?
An expert-level welcome series does all of the above.
You only have one chance to make a first impression.
Make it count with your email marketing welcome program.
Commonly Asked Question: Do Welcome Emails Need Unsubscribe Links?
Pro-tip, one of the greatest misconceptions of a welcome series is that they are transactional and, therefore, not subject to Can-Spam compliance of having an opt-out in them. While accurate in concept, treating a welcome email as transactional means that you, as the brand, going about it the wrong way when your email system sends a welcome message.
For more information on Welcome Unsubscribe Links, refer to the previous post Do Welcome Emails Need Unsubscribe Links?
Email Best Practices Additional Resources:
- Email delivery vs Email deliverability
- 5 Bad Email Practices That Drives Email Subscribers Crazy
- Email Frequency Matters
- Introducing a New Email Campaign Type: Re-Welcome Email